Hey Wellness Warriors! I hope you had a beautiful holiday weekend full of fun, food, and lots of love!
Do you deal with stress, worry, or even anxiety? I deal with anxiety on a regular basis, and sometimes it takes my breath away. It’s reached a point where I feel like I can’t breathe at all, my chest will hurt, and I even feel scared. I’m fortunate to have tools that help ease this sensation and feeling, but in the moment even I sometimes forget to utilize my tools.
Today I’m going to share with you one of my favorite and easiest tools that has helped me deal with stress, anxiety, worry, and even addiction.
GET OUTSIDE!!! It’s that simple… Get up and go outside!
When I feel tension build in my body, I love to go outside. The sun on my skin, the sounds of outside, and the fresh air allows me to release the things that I’m holding onto.
We can keep this SIMPLE! I love simple!
Here are a few simple tools to brighten your day:
1) When you go outside, take a few deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth. Pay attention to the tension in your shoulders and your neck. Each time you breath in and exhale, release that tension. Repeat that a few times or as many times as you like.
2) Find a comfortable place to sit, and if the sun is out, soak in some natural Vitamin D.
3) Step outside and go for a quick walk. If you’re at home or even work, give yourself 5 to 10 minutes to take a break. Longer if you have the time.
4) Leave your electronics behind. Make this time about you and decompress, release tension, and BREATHE.
5) Try meditation. You can sit outside, close your eyes, and breathe. Try walking meditation. Being outside, and enjoying nature.
The cool thing is, we don’t have to complicate the process. It’s easy, and trust me it’s effective.
De-stress your week, let go of worry, fear, and anxiety. Remember to breathe. Pay attention to your self-care. Self-care is so important, and unfortunately when life gets busy… This goes away first! Last but not least… LOVE YOURSELF. It always come back to love. Everything comes back to love.
Love you all! Have an awesome week and enjoy the changes of Spring!
Live Healthy, Fearless, & Free!
Love & Gratitude,