If you want to love your body and enjoy life, you need to become aware of the thoughts that creep into your mind. We have this wonderful thing called the Ego… and it has no problem popping up when it wants to.
In the past I never understood why I treated myself the way I did. I would often sit and think:
Why can’t I love the body that I’m in?
Why am I not satisfied with the things in my life?
Why can’t I let go of fear?
Why can’t I choose Love over Fear?
Why don’t I ever feel at peace?
A Message From A Course In Miracles:
“Can you imagine what a state of mind without illusions is?
How would it feel? Try to remember when there was a time – perhaps a minute, maybe even less – when nothing came to interrupt your peace, when you were certain you were loved and safe. Then try to picture what it would be like to have that moment be extended to the end of time and to eternity. Then let the sense of quiet that you felt be multiplied a hundred times, and then be multiplied another hundred more.”
Beautiful and Powerful… Right?
Over the years through many ups and downs, I’ve started to let go of the things that no longer serve me. I do this through my yoga practice, my meditation practice, during my long runs outside and through the foods I eat. Try nourishing your body with the foods that love you back, and incorporating daily mantras and positive affirmations for your mind. Your body is your temple!
I want to leave you with a few mantras you can use in your daily life. Make these part of your routine. Say these when you get up first thing in the morning, when your having a bad day, if you feel stressed, or before you go to bed.
1) I choose to breath in relaxation and breathe out lightness.
2) My body is beautiful and I love it.
3) My health is improving and so is my life.
4) I will connect with like-minded, positive people.
5) I will not think negative thoughts.
6) I am strong. I am powerful. I am amazing.
7) Healing happens when we let go of fear. I am letting go of my fears.
8) I am grateful for everything in my life.
9) My life is beautiful and amazing.
10) Today I choose LOVE over FEAR!
Let go of what doesn’t serve you… Always choose Love over Fear… and one more thing, F-U Ego!!!
Love & Gratitude,