Do you have a hard time treating yourself to things you want and love?
I used to, but then I had to ask myself… Why?! I work hard. I don’t spend a lot of money.
And to me treating yourself is definitely a form of self-care and self-love.
Why shouldn’t we buy ourselves something nice every once in a while.
I have to say I’m sort of obsessed with monthly subscription boxes.
It’s like Christmas every single month in my mailbox.
This was my beautiful retreat box from Yogi Surprise this month. Everything I love, will use and need is in this box. When I open this I feel like I’m doing something good for myself. It makes me happy. It puts a smile on my face.
You want in on this?! Trust me… You won’t be disappointed!
Save 15% always.
Code at Checkout: YOGILOVE
Here is another beautiful box from Goddess Provisions. I’m mean for real!! How gorgeous is this!
So here’s some Live Free Love….
Are you one of these people that’s always showing up and doing things for everyone else, but not taking care of yourself?
Trust me… You’re not alone. It’s easy to get caught up in the daily rat race of life and serving others that we forgot about our own self care.
I spent so many years always worrying about everyone else that everything in my life started to suffer.
It got to a point I didn’t have anything left to give. The tank was empty! Even though I love what I do I didn’t have any balance.
Isn’t so easy to tell everyone else what is wrong with them, BUT we don’t want to acknowledge where we might be struggling.
I’m over that fear now. If I feel I have nothing to give then I know I haven’t been doing my own personal work.
This is when we have to take a step back and reorganize our priorities. If we want to show up big, bright, and bold everyday then we need to treat ourselves with compassion. We need to make ourselves a priority.
How do we do this? Well… Here our a few basic tips to get your started.
1) Are you getting enough sleep? Try to get 8-9 hours. This is tough for me because for years I’ve never been a great sleeper. As I get older I realize more and more I need my sleep.
2) How are you fueling your body? Pay attention to what you’re eating. How much you’re eating and try and eat as much organic as possible.
3) Are you taking time to meditate? I know!!!! This might be a tough one… BUT let go of any expectations. Explore different types of meditation. Start with 5 minutes and work your way up.
4) Are you moving your body? Yoga, walking, at home fitness programs, etc. Do something to move your body every single day. This will not only make you feel better, but will completely shift your mindset.
5) Are you hydrating? Try drinking a gallon of water each day. Yes… you will pee more, but that’s a good thing!! LOL
6) Mindset is EVERYTHING!! Pay attention to your thoughts! Try using affirmations and mantras to shift the negative thought patterns into positive ones. A positive mindset will keep you feeling happier and healthier. Stress is one of the number one root causes of disease in this country.
Remember… It’s about taking care of you first.
Acknowledging your higher power.
Then taking care of others.
Let go of any expectations. Don’t judge yourself.
With massive love. Your biggest supporter.
Love & Gratitude,